When it comes to cleaning, there are some common errors we usually make and we aren’t even aware of them. Suppose you are all set for a date night, you set the right temperature. You have food and finally a good movie to watch on Netflix. Just when you get to your electric blanket, you realize something is off about it. Heads up- your biggest nightmare!
You just ruined your electric blanket.
If you don’t want to such a bizarre on special nights, avoid making some common mistakes when it comes to cleaning an electric blanket. Are you wondering how would you know about these errors you are making? We are here to help you out with this. Keep reading to find the easiest and safest ways to clean an electric blanket.
The name itself is self-explanatory but we would still like to introduce it to you for a better understanding. An electric blanket runs with integrated electrical wires. It is a multi-purpose blanket. It comes in different usage for instance- you can use it as a duvet, either an under blanket or an over the blanket. You can simultaneously it on the top or bottom of your mattress.
The best part about an electric blanket is that it lets you control the heat levels as per your preference.
How Do I Clean My Electric Blanket
When it comes to cleaning an electric blanket, there are a few ways to do so. The list goes on, starting from hand wash to machine wash, we tried to cover all the easy ways so you can clean your electric blanket without any hassle.
Additionally, you will get to know about all the mistakes you have been making all these years regarding cleaning the electric blanket of yours. So, without further ado let’s check out some fun ways to clean your electric blanket.
Before you go through all the coming ways and pick the most suitable option for yourself, remember that every time you decide to clean up your blanket in any easy, make sure you disconnect the wires and keep the wire control away. Otherwise, this will ruin your electric blanket and chances are you won’t be able to use it ever again.
If you want to clean up your cleaning process thoroughly, then you can go for hand wash. If you want to do that at home, then hand washing your electrical blanket would be the most appropriate choice for you. One of the reasons behind choosing this way other rest of the techniques is because it is safe. It keeps the electrical blanket safer than any other technique. Let’s have a look at the easy steps-
- Get a huge tub that can accommodate the entire blanket.
- Shake your blanket firmly to get rid of any excess and loose particles stuck in your blanket.
- Fill that tub with cold water and detergent that is suitable for blankets. Mix the detergent well.
- Place your blanket in that water entirely. Let it soak in the detergent water for 20 to 30 minutes max.
- Within an interval of a couple of minutes, check on your blanket and try moving it in case there is any dirt out there. /you can easily get rid of that in this way.
- Then after almost 30 minutes, get your blanket out of the detergent water and replacing the detergent water with clean water.
- After that start getting rid of the excess water in your blanket. As a result, bring clean clothes to absorb the excess water. Additionally, you can wring out the entire blanket all by yourself. But make sure you don’t misplace the entire wiring system of your blanket.
- When it comes to drying your blanket, you can set it out in the sun. Make sure it does not come in direct contact with the sun. Proper ventilation of air would be all for drying your electric blanket.
If you prefer cleaning in the washing machine, then we have the safest options for you. Follow the instructions carefully then you will be good to go.
- After the discontinuation of the wired line, you will require cold water and a mild detergent for this coming machine wash.
- Make sure your machine runs on the gentle cycle. Not to mention, bleach is off the table.
- Soak your blanket in the detergent water for at least 15 minutes.
- Turn on the machine to run the complete cycle.
- After that, go for the rinse cycle and there you go.
- Wring all the excess water out of your blanket.
If you have very minimal time to machine wash your electric blanket, then here is a hack. When it comes to the full cycle part, you can let it run for 5 minutes straight. After these 5 minutes, cut it to the rinse cycle straight. And then go for wringing out and drying your blanket.
Can I Dry Clean My Electric Blanket?
Yes, of course. Dry cleaning is one of the most convenient ways to clean something. Dry cleaning takes place when you don’t want the water to ruin the quality of a certain fabric. If you want to dry clean on your own then there are a lot of factors you need to be aware of. Likewise, it doesn’t matter if you are doing this or your dry cleaner is taking the electric blanket; make sure you disconnect all the wiring connections.
In addition to that, dry cleaning consists of the massive use of chemicals. There are certain chemicals that you might not have heard of before. Additionally, it is not safe to keep these chemicals at home. Then comes the ratio, you will never know the accurate ratio until you start doing it yourself. We are saying all these so that, even if you want to do dry cleaning at home, make sure you ask your go-to dry cleaner about chemicals you should use and additionally the ratio of these chemicals mixtures.
We hope that we provided you with some of the easiest ways to clean your electric blanket. All of these methods are commonly practiced for safer electric blanket service.